Vegetables, noodles, and a sweet, coconut and sweet potato soup come together to make a great, filling meal with few ingredients. It's a little bit Thai, especially if you choose to add certain ingredients!
You'll need (serves 3-4):
1 large sweet potato
1 can of coconut milk
Noodles of your choice - I used tagliatelle noodles
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp paprika
1 clove of garlic
Vegetables of your choice - I recommend courgette, leek, peppers and tomatoes
1. Put the sweet potato in an oven (150C). If you leave the whole potato in there, you'll need 45 minutes to an hour, so the most effective method is to cut it up into cubes first, place it on a baking tray and drizzle with a little olive oil. This way, it should only take about 15 minutes - you'll know it's ready when you can slice a knife right through the potato.
2. Let the sweet potato cool a little, until you're able to remove the skin (which should be easy once it's cooked).
3. Start boiling water in a pan. When it comes to the boil, add the noodles.
4. Add spices, oil and chopped garlic (and onion if you want) to a frying pan and stir for 2-3 minutes.
5. Add the chunks of sweet potato to the mix and stir. Now add the coconut milk and continue to stir.
6. Throw everything into a blender with 200ml of water and blend until smooth!
7. Clean the frying pan and add your vegetables, with a tiny bit more oil.
8. Add the mix back into the frying pan, onto the vegetables.
9. Add a little water until it's the desired consistency (soup-like!). Drain the noodles and add them to the mix.
The most challenging part is probably getting this into bowls... Enjoy!