When it's nearly time to go shopping, and you just have that last little piece of courgette or half a tomato to get rid of, you mind find yourself wondering just what to make with them. If you have some pasta (or noodles), a few spices and a lime lying around, you can make what I refer to as "sexy soup" - it's delicious and really easy to make!
The ingredients for this can depend entirely on what you've got lying around.
The essentials (to serve 2):
200g of pasta/noodles
Assorted spices - I use paprika, chili, turmeric and garlic (about 1 tsp of each)
3 tbsp dessicated coconut (or fresh dried coconut, if you have it!)
After that, any vegetables that you want to use!
1. Add oil and the spices to the bottom of a frying pan, then add any onions, garlic or shallots that you might want to use. Squeeze the juice of a lime into the bottom of the pan, then add the lime itself for extra flavour.
2. Add the rest of your vegetables. I used leek, aubergine, avocado, mushrooms and courgettes in the latest one, but you can use anything. If you want to add root vegetables, of course, you'll need a little longer and might want to pop them in the oven for a bit first.
3. Pour about 3cm of water into the frying pan and stir everything together. Bring the water to a boil and add the pasta or noodles.
4. Let the pasta/noodles boil in the water. For extra flavour you can add salt or vegetable stock cubes. Add more water if you need to.
5. When the pasta is ready, I also like to throw in the dessicated coconut and stir well!
6. Remove the limes and serve the rest as soup in a bowl.
It's got flavour, it's got healthy vegetables and some carbs, but it's completely vegan - plus it's completely versatile and can incorporate any veggies you have lying around. Enjoy!